Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 22, Day 27

I wasn't expecting to ride highway most of the time to Devils Tower, but ended up going on 90E for about 150 miles. I got off my exit to Devils Tower and got there right when the rain and hail was coming through. I got stuck there for a couple more hours than I wanted. Once it stopped I left and continued on words. I stopped at a gas station and meet a nice gentleman named Erel. He told me the way I was planning on going is storming. He showed me on his phone and sure enough there was some nice little red dots with other crap in my way. So I asked the fella, "Do you mind if I follow you?" (since we were practically going the same direction.) He didn't mind at all, so off we went. About 80 miles later Erel decided to stop at a burger joint. We ate and chatted and I told him where I was going to camp. He told me, "shoot, you can stay in my backyard." I said, "Uh, ok so I did. It all worked out perfectly, and I'm glad I meet Erel during my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment