Wednesday, July 23, 2014

July 21, Day 26

Todays ride consisted of going through Grand Teton, Yellowstone, Beartooth highway (pic. below, route 212), and Bighorn Nat'l Forest (route 14). Some of the best roads I've ridden on this trip. Of course the GoPro vid. camera acts up today. Grrrrr.

Basically for the whole ride today I was just missing the rain. If I was an hour later I would of gotten soaked. Luckly I had phone service at my camp from last night, and I was able to get an idea of the forecast from my trusty parents. That helped, and me not messing around on the road helped as well (meaning, "hauling azz" safetly, inside joke from million $ highway ;) )

I decided not to stay at Yellowstone for a couple of nights. One reason being because the campground I was orignally going to stay at was booked AND all others were booked as well. Two being the rain, so I wanted to just leave. It was especially important not for me to stay at the camp I was staying at the tetons because I would of had trouble getting out or even in if the forest road was.wet.

I arrived at camp at about 7:45 pm. and at about 8:30 pm. it poured. Luckly my tent and fly was on, and all my stuff was stored in my storage areas outside my tent.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pics as always. Was wondering. ....I see snow right??? What is the temperature up there? God Bless you.this is just so interesting and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be snow. I think it was in the 40'sF in the Beartooth highway.

      Delete