Thursday, July 17, 2014

Day 21 July 16

To start the day I had a wonderful breakfast at my camp cafe. $1 pancakes and $2 biscute and gravy. In total I had 4 pancakes 1 biscute with egg and gravy. It seems a lot because it WAS!

I rode Going to the Sun Rd., hiked St. Mary Falls, Virgina Falls, and Running Eagle Falls. Coming back from Virgina Falls I had a black bear surprise me on the trail. Actually this is the first bear of anykind I've seen in real life. He was about 10 yards in front of me, and I almost crapped my pants. I'm serious people! I think he wanted some of my nutter butters that I was eating, but luckly I (Yes me) scared him away. I really wanted to get a pic, but my life was on the line first, so I had to do what was best for me. Just after the bear surprised I was a little frightened by a human who came just behind me. Him and I chatted back to when the trail splitted off.

After hiking St. Mary and Virgina Falls I made my way to Two Medicine lake. I needed that lake bad especially after that bear freight. All I did here was hike Running Eagle Falls and sit in front of the Lake for awhile.

Finally, I took route 2W back to camp and called it quits.

Those berries I found at camp, and I ate them has a bed time snack. I saw a little girl picking them and eating them, so I thought I would do the same. :)

Later that night I hanged out with Danny, Dan, and Joe. I told them about my bear story and they brought up a good point about those berries. I was picking berries near my tent ok, well men like to pee next to tent ok, so maybe it isn't such a great idea for a tasty snack ah? I guess if I want i'll pick them berries from a different area.

Anyways, it was cool to learn about those guys and what they do or did for a living. A couple of those guys are from Indiana, which was surprising to me. All in all it was a good night.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What gorgeous pics. Yes. the bear probably wanted your nutter butters or your buttered nutters but he wanted something. Thank god he left. Jimmy this blog is so interesting to read. The girls love it. Now about your berries, I hope you washed them before u ate them. :-) but who would think in the wild you would have to worry about that. The reason the berries are still there and the animals haven't ate them is because someone "marked" there territory. People do that so the deer and animals stay away from the garden. With my dogs marking all over my yard I still have problems with birds and squirrels eating fruit from my fig tree and my Japanese plum tree. I'll just have Palo mark higher up. : ) I love u and I know this is something that you will never forget as long as u live. God be with you my darling nephew.

    ReplyDelete